Dr. Lily Workman is an orthodontist treating children and adults in the greater San Diego area with over half a decade of orthodontic experience, using the latest technology. She grew up in the Poway area, attending Mt. Carmel High School when she decided to pursue a career that makes people smile and increases their confidence. During high school, she was an active participant in the community as a trumpet musician in the San Diego Youth Symphony Orchestra, Civic Youth Orchestra, various ensembles at her high school, and was a student leader in ASB.
Dr. Workman graduated as a National Honor Student and traveled to New York to pursue a biology major and music performance minor at Vassar College, graduating with honors. She spent her junior year abroad at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland as a visiting medical student. During her college years, Dr. Workman volunteered in the health community, numerous musical ensembles, and as a tutor/research assistant in organic chemistry.
Dr. Workman attended dental school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she earned her Doctorate of Dental Surgery. She was a national leader in the American Student Dental Association, received the Article of the Year Award for a national publication addressing access to care, was elected Who’s Who at UCSF by the Dean, presented scientific research at an international symposium, and was a musician with the local symphony. Dr. Workman also spent time in Washington D.C. as a lobbyist for the American Dental Association, particularly on issues of access to care. She spent her residency at Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics where she continued her extracurricular involvement with music and volunteering in the local community.
She is a board eligible member of the American Board of Orthodontics, and a member of the American Dental Association, American Association of Orthodontists, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, California Dental Association, San Diego Dental Society, and San Diego Orthodontic Study Club. Dr. Workman lectures on the local and national level about orthodontics.
Outside of work, Dr. Workman competes in body building, equestrian show jumping, and continues to play trumpet in various ensembles. She also enjoys being actively involved with her local church, athletic training center, and community by passionately supporting the arts in local middle and high schools. Dr. Workman is excited to be back in her local community and looks forward to serving her orthodontic patients with excellence.
Honors and Awards
- Presentation of ABO standard patient case at the AAO 2009 Annual Meeting
- Published orthognathic surgery case in the Jacksonville University Alumni newsletter, Feb 2009
- Southern Association of Orthodontics Annual Meeting 2008, presentation of cone-beam CT research
- National ASDA “Article of the Year Award” for publication on issues of access to care, awarded at ASDA National Annual Session, 2005.
- Published Front-Page article in ASDA NEWS, Nov 2004, “Access to Care: The Perpetual Negative Cycle”
- American Student Dental Association Washington D.C. National Health Policy Externship, Summer 2004
- Who’s Who in American College and Universities, UCSF 2003 and 2004
- Dean’s Award for Research Symposium, UCSF School of Dentistry, 2003
- IADR acceptance/invitation to present research at 2004 annual symposium in Hawaii, March 2004
- UCSF Dental Research Day acceptance/invitation to present research at annual symposium, March 2004
- Honors Graduate, B.A. Vassar College 2003
Workman Orthodontics can accommodate any schedule with on-time appointments during early and late hours, and even weekends! Click Here to book your appointment today!